Stuck at a fixed point in your business graph and want to grow?
Now you are looking to take your bricks and mortar business to the next level. If you are planning to take it online then this is the best decision you have made for your business in 2021.
I am saying so because the best tip of success I ever get is to improve with time, and bringing your store online is that step of improvement as eCommerce is the fastest growing industry.
Hence choosing a platform with the required features is a crucial and time-consuming process.
The best platform to create an eCommerce store is the one that supports all of the functional areas that you need to be successful. It must be able to handle all of the basic things involved in setting up a functional eCommerce store. When you choose your eCommerce software, you should look at how easy it is for you to use and how user-friendly it is for the customer.
So in this blog, we have prepared a list of the top five eCommerce building platforms that can complete your goal of having an eCommerce website.
Magento Commerce is the most used eCommerce building platform worldwide by famous brands like Samsung, Nike, etc. It has incredible features to create an effective eCommerce website, and it also allows customization of the software. It has enormous functionality that optimized your websites from backend to frontend. Its effectiveness and continuous improvement in the software versions make it on the top of the list.
Features Of Magento Commerce –
- Mobile-friendly store – Websites made through Magento are mobile optimized and highly responsive.
- Manage operations efficiently and effectively – Using automation, it easily manages its operation from inventory management to customer service operations.
- Enhance customer experience – The best feature of Magento is customization, you can provide an excellent experience to your customers by customizing the website. It helps in product recommendations, customer segmentation, instant purchase etc.
- 3rd party integration – It allows 3rd party integration and security with other systems and payment gateways, which improve the performance and security of your website.
Cons of Magento Commerce –
- It becomes complicated for a person who doesn’t have coding knowledge. However, if you are good at coding or if you can hire a developer, you must go for Magento Commerce for your online store.
It recently becomes a popular platform to create websites and eCommerce stores. You can easily create your website by yourself using drag and drop builder. Wix is the 1st choice of people who don’t have enough knowledge of web design. This makes Wix best for small businesses that don’t have a dedicated designer and want basic features for their online stores. You can check the performance using analytics and reports. With that, it gives an attractive offer that includes a free domain for a year.
Features of Wix –
- Allow payment integration – Wix allows 40+ payment integration, including PayPal and stripe, for quick payment transactions.
- Free templates – It provides 500+ free templates for the eCommerce store.
- No transaction fee – Most of the platforms deduct a small percentage of transaction fees when a payment occurs. Wix gives relaxation in the transaction fee and deducts nothing.
- Unlimited products and accounts – You can add unlimited products to your eCommerce store without paying any extra amount. Along with that, it has no limitation of creating accounts.
- No live chat – Live chat is the latest trend and going to the need of every online business, but this feature is still unavailable in Wix.
- Limited feature – The number of features in the basic plan is limited. Hence for using those features, you have to upgrade your plan to the advanced one.
It is a codeless eCommerce building platform that is relatively easy to use with basic knowledge. With the drag and drop feature, anyone can build an online store in a short time. Shopify allows hassle-free customization. However, you have to learn the coding language of Shopify or it would be best if you can hire a professional who has experience in Shopify store setup. Along with that, this eCommerce store builder provides an additional discount on shipping as it has an agreement with DHL, etc.
Features of Shopify –
- Unlimited Products – There is no limitation on adding products to your online store with any plan. Add any product you want to sell in your eCommerce store.
- Live chat and 24/7 support – There is enough material available for support if you need any help. However, live chat is also available 24/7.
- Abondated Cart recovery – It reminds the customer when they put any product in the cart but didn’t complete checkout.
- Integrated tools – Shopify is integrated with marketing tools like email marketing and social media. It is also integrated with Gpay and credit cards, including an in-house payment platform.
- It deducts 2% commission outside Shopify payments.
- Shopify only provides nine themes for free. You have to pay for the rest of the themes.
Squarespace is an eCommerce platform builder which is easy to use because of its simple interface. But it builds creative eCommerce websites. This is an affordable eCommerce builder, whose plan starts from $18/month. You can get free themes with unlimited accounts along with a free domain for a year. It also provides customizable templates to make your website stunning.
Features of Squarespace –
- It can be integrated with all the payment gateways as well as social media platforms.
- Inventory management with quality website features to minimize the burden of the merchant.
- Well defined analytics that helps in generating detailed reports.
- Provides the features of promotional popups and banners, abounded card recovery.
- Automatic shipping rate calculation to get the detailed estimate.
- Deduct 3% commission rate on the transaction if you are using the basic plan.
- Weak customer support and lack of shipping options.
- Not suitable for advanced retail eCommerce requirements.
Zyro is a simple, easy to use eCommerce building solution in which you can work with a drag and drop builder. It is the most affordable platform compared to other services on the list. Not just this, it provides a free Unsplash image library access to get impressive images. for your online store.
In Zyro, you will get a free domain for one year with 11 free themes for your e-store, and there is a 30-day money-back guarantee in this software.
Features of Zyro –
- No transaction fees, which means you don’t have to pay any amount while payment transaction.
- Provides more than 70 payment gateways to facilitate easy and hassle-free payment transactions.
- It has mobile-optimized themes that can be modified using drag and drop functionality.
- Zyro allows accepting payments from all the major credit card companies, i.e. VISA, AMEX, Mastercard, etc.
- They don’t provide any free trial to test the software before purchasing.
- Their support team takes a long time to resolve the issues.
- There are limited features available in the basic plan, i.e. you can add only 100 products to your store.
These are the top five platforms for creating eCommerce sites. Each of them has its pros and cons. Now it’s up to you to choose the one that suits your business requirements. You can go for a free trial to experience the software by yourself, if possible. You must take your time while selecting the foundation of your eCommerce site. As the eCommerce builder is the base of any online store, hence it is necessary to choose wisely which is best for you.
If you have any suggestion, let us know in the comment section. Till then, Good luck with your online business.